1. Please tell us your Hand Name (name that’s used ONLY in internet.) and hometown.
I use the name Aimee Absinthe a lot when I'm online. My hometown: Limerick, Ireland
2. About how long is your history as a Lolita?
I became interested in the the fashion a while back. I'm not exactly how. I think it was when I discovered Street Fashion. And Lolita was the one that stuck with me.
3. What first motivated you to do Lolita fashion?
I went through many phases - emo, goth, skater, scene, etc But I with lolita that was something I felt could go beyond a phase. I just simply love most things about it.
4. After knowing Lolita fashion, have you had any time-gap or resistance till you actually started to be Lolita?
I went through many phases as listed above. Thankfully I don't have photos from those phases. I recently got my first lolita dress (JSK Angelic Pretty Replica Wonder Cookie)
5. Please define your Lolita style as much as possible. (eg. gothic Lolita, sweet Lolita, white Lolita…. Etc).
I'm really into Sweet, Classic, Punk, Hime and a bit of Country.
6. About how many Lolita friends do you have?
I haven't got many. Only one other girl in Clonmel wears Lolita and outside of that we try to go to meet ups in Dublin.
7. What is the best thing about doing Lolita?
I love the clothes and I tend to follow at bit of the lifestyle. Though I think that could be my love for tea getting out of hand.
8. Conversely, what's the worst thing?
For me it would be living in a small minded town but I guess that's how the whole world is too. Even Japan hasn't accepted Lolita (yes they don't like it either). And I can't imagine the day when people don't judge one another.
9. Which Lolita Brands do you like?
Baby the Stars Shine Bright (Alice and the Pirates), Angelic Pretty, Victorian Maiden, Innocent World, Metamorphose, Putumayo.
10. What was the first Lolita item that you’ve owned?
An Angelic Pretty Replica Wonder Cookie. I'm hoping to get more soon.
11. What is the “must have!” Lolita item?
I guess a good petticoat can change your outfit. You don't want a deflated one or it would look wrong.
12. Do you wear drawers?
Of course especially now it's hit winter.
13. Do you have any favorite Japanese music?
Miyavi, Dir en grey, Ayumi Hamasaki, Utada Hikaru, Nana Kitade, etc.
14. Where do you particularly visit as Lolita?
Shopping and on our meet-ups
15. About how many times per week do you dress as Lolita?
Not much as I only recently got my first piece and still need to invest in a petticoat.
16. Please tell us about one embarrassing episode from the time when you were just beginning Lolita.
Since I've only really started wearing Lolita I haven't really. But I do own a few pieces that I wore as a goth that if I wore as Lolita may be considered ita.
17. What's hairstyle and color that you think Lolita would suit the most?
I quite like straight with bangs but the OTT Sweet wigs are really cute too.
18. Have you ever thought of stopping Lolita? The reason?
Once when I kept focusing far too much on my size but not once since then.
19. Please tell us your heart's bible as a Lolita. (anything like a book, magazine, CD, idol...)
GLB. I own the first copy of the english version. Along with Kera and Popteen.
20. Do you own a doll? Tell us your feelings about her intensely!
Not yet. I do one day want to own a BJD. I think they are beautiful but very expensive.
21. What kind of make-up do you wear when you wear Lolita clothes?
I like simple make-up, sometimes fake eye-lashes. My lips are quite small so I tend to blot them with concealer.
22. Have you ever secretly changed clothes in a train station bathroom on Lolita day-out?
No. I go proud through public places. If I don’t want anyone to look, I can stay at home. Sometimes it’s a bit difficult in the small town where I live, though. But I mainly ignore the people there.
23. Are you composed when doing Lolita all by yourself?
24. How much do you spend in your Lolita clothes& accessory monthly?
I've only got into Lolita when it comes to buying the clothing recently so not much yet. I do own many accesories that are Lolita related. I'm planning on buying a petticoat and hopefully Milky Chan soon.
25. What is the most expensive Lolita thing you've bought so far? How much was it?
I am hoping to buy Milky Chna soon and that will probably be the most expensive...yet.
26. So far about how much has the expense been for Lolita goods?
So far I only own a replica but I'm hoping to buy some brand soon.
27. Lolita outfit really costs money. How do you raise money to cover the cost of Lolita?
I save it. I'm hoping to get a part time job soon.
28. Have you ever bought from an online store? If so, please tell us its good and bad points and some advice for the future. If not, please tell us why not.
Not yet. But I do plan to.
29. Even if you sort of want to keep it a secret, please clandestinely tell us about a private manufacturer that is the best.
I don't know any of yet.
30. Is there a brand and/or an item that you think, "I could never get it! But I unreasonably want it!"?
Baby’s Red Ridding Hood in red.
31. What do you think about people who only do Lolita at music-lives or cosplay?
It’s the same with punks who do it only for concerts: as long as they don’t criticize how I do it and wear the fashion correctly, I don’t mind.
32. From what age to what age is it acceptable to do Lolita? Do you think that there's a state in which someone must graduate from Lolita?
Well, I wouldn’t recommend Lolita to a 65-year-old granny XD But I actually guess, Lolita is ageless. You just have to choose the right style.
33. Is there a Lolita fashion or behavior that you think "I don't want Lolitas to do this!" about?
I guess I don't think many people care for this aspect. I do. I would prefer if Lolitas would at least refrain from being crash and rude o certain communites.
34. Is there something you think "Lolita has to be this way!" about?
Girly, I guess. If it’s not Kodona. Or Aristocrat.
35. While doing Lolita, has something changed from earlier than you did Lolita?
I’ve become more interested (and advanced! XD) in fashion! And I’ve improved tolerating others. I’ve also become more self-confident, so… yeah, a lot has changed XD
36. Do you go to school/work as Lolita?
No. Not yet. But hopefully when I get my pettocoat I'm going to try it once to see what it would be like.
37. Do you wear Lolita clothes as casual wear?
38. Do you have a boyfriend (or husband)? Do you understand each other?
No I don’t. But honestly, I don’t know if I could accept someone who doesn’t like my lifestyle. It’s not only about Lolita, it’s about fashion as a whole thing which defines my lifestyle.
39. What do the people around you think of your doing Lolita? Do they accept it?
My family haven't seen me in Lolita and untill I get some classic items they never will. I don't know how they'd react but then again they've seen me wear some crazy stuff. My freind Rebecca seems to really like it. So she's like my positve side, rooting me on.
40. What kind of Lolita is who has impressed you the most up until now?
Lolitas who have a difficult life (such as a child to raise or so) and have find the power, money, etc to wear it.
41. Have you ever made your own Lolita clothing or/and accessories? If so, what was the best item that you’ve made?
I want to get into sewing so I can make a few things.
42. If you have an ideal Lolita outfit or coordination, please tell us.
I have a cute pair of brown high heel brogues that would go so well with Milky Chan.
43. Is there a motif that you think “this is a simple of Lolita”?
44. Would you want to dress your children as Lolita?
If it suits them, why not? But I don’t want to force them X
45. What's your image of the ideal Lolita?
A girl who has fun wearing Lolita and doesn’t care about bitching & drama.
So that's me. Why don't you give it it a go. And send me a link when you're done. I'd love to see how you would have answered the above questions.