When we talk about this trend however we refer to the ladylike aspect of the early 60s and the late 50s.
So what to wear for this trend?
Full Skirts, the 60s Housewife.
As the 50s drew to a close the overflow of the prom dress into day wear became apparent.
The Granny Skirt
Okay I kow what you're thinking but I assure you that's what they called them in the 60s and done right will look cool :)
- Pair the skirt with a fitted top or a sheer blouse to avoid looking frumpy, also it'll make the outfit a bit sexier.
- If you are going for a more authentic look wear with kitten heels or flats, fro a modern twist heels are a must.
- If you want to sweeten it up do a Marc Jacobs (Fall 2010) and add a cute pair of bobby socks.
For this it's more about the figure hugging aspect. For example the pencil skirt, which is one of the best ways in creating a 1960s hourglass shape as it cinches in the waist and clings to the hips.
- Look for skirts that are straight, high waisted and below the knee with a kick pleat or slit at the back.
- Kitten Heels
- Bold Red Lipstick (60s sex kitten) or Soft Pink for a more vintage look.
- A wide, waist-cinching belt; a leather clutch in candy-store pastels; gloves; a classic headscarf.
- Beehives or just a sexy sultry look.
Farewell and I hope to hear from you